Revenue Integrity Chargemaster Specialist
Are you a Revenue Integrity Chargemaster Specialist interested in a full-time contract position at a large hospital/health system? They are looking to move quickly so apply now!
Required Skills & Experience
At Excite, we value your unique background and want to be sure your experience matches the job. For the Revenue Integrity Chargemaster Specialist position, you should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of three years experience in healthcare revenue integrity, managed care contracting, billing, auditing, chargemaster, coding, or compliance in an acute care hospital setting.
- AHIMA or AAPC medical coding certification (i.e. CPC, COC, CCS-P, CCS) within two years of hire. Alternate certifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. (i.e. CPMA)
- Must have at least one year of experience working with reimbursement methodologies (i.e. IPPS, OPPS, MPFS, managed care).
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and Revenue Codes required. Knowledge of revenue cycle processes and hospital/medical billing required.
- Must have familiarity with government and managed care reimbursement methodologies to include IPPS, OPPS, and fee schedules. Must have the ability to research payer requirements and policies. Knowledge of NCCI edits, and Medicare LCDs/NCDs required. Ability to review, analyze, and interpret billing guidelines and state and federal regulations.
- Audits charges being captured by clinical departments for accuracy and completeness. Ensures that charges are crossing to the bill as intended.
- 3+ years revenue cycle experience including but not limited to revenue integrity, billing, coding, denials, patient account management, and or patient refunds required.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of charge capture workflow for assigned service line(s). Troubleshoot charge posting issues. Identify charging opportunities. Manage assigned work queues and suspended charges.
- Job Title: Revenue Integrity Chargemaster Specialist
- Software Systems: Cerner
- Remote or Onsite: Chicago, IL
- Length: Ongoing
- Start date: ASAP
- Work Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Joining the Team
Excite understands that employees are the cornerstone to our success. We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, Vision, Dental plan
- Life and long-term disability
- 401k plan with designated company match
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
Since 2010, Excite Health Partners has been a growing leader in the Healthcare consulting and staffing industry. We are committed to the development of the HIM industry, which is why we ensure our employees are educated, prepared, and confident. We understand our employees are the backbone of our company, so we work to find the best-fit position for each of our unique professionals.